IFFGD at Medical Meetings
IFFGD exhibits at many national and international meetings of healthcare professionals to raise awareness about our mission – to improve the lives of those affected by digestive disorders.
The meetings provide IFFGD with an opportunity to talk with healthcare professionals one-on-one about treating patients with a functional or motility GI disorder or incontinence. These exchanges provide insights that help us fine-tune our programs aimed at improving the doctor/patient experience, and ultimately, the care patients receive.
Many visitors to our exhibit carry our educational handouts back to their office and share them with patients. A surprising number take the time to gather a copy of every handout – almost 200 in all.
We are gratified by the number of medical professionals who stop by just to thank us for the work we do. As the largest and most active patient organization working in this area, our presence at these meetings sends a meaningful message that the concerns of people with digestive disorders are important.
Typical Professional Annual Meetings Where IFFGD Participates
- International Symposium on Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (biennial)
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Digestive Disease Week
- Neurogastroenterology and Motility Joint International Meeting (biennial)
- Society of Urologic Nurses & Associates Annual Symposium
- Pri-Med Regional Meetings