IFFGD Media Center
Phone: (414) 964-1799
700 W. Virginia St., #201
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Fax: (414) 964-7176
The International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD) is a nonprofit education and research organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people impacted by chronic digestive conditions. Together with patients, families, clinicians, researchers, and other health professionals, IFFGD works tirelessly to promote awareness, scientific advancement, and improved patient care. The largest organization of its kind in the US, IFFGD and its grassroots counterpart, the Digestive Health Alliance (DHA), rely on donor support to fund research and provide educational resources for those affected by gastrointestinal disorders. Learn how you can help at iffgd.org or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Service Announcements (PSAs) for TV and Radio
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Awareness
With support from Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., IFFGD has developed TV and radio public service announcements to help raise public awareness of IBS as well as encourage people with symptoms to talk to their health care providers and take an active approach to managing the condition.
The PSAs share the personal experience of an IBS patient and the expertise of Lauren B. Gerson, MD, MSc, Associate Professor of Medicine at Stanford School of Medicine.
The PSAs are available in :60 :30 and :15 lengths. View the :30 video PSA here:
Name: Carrie Rose
Phone: (646) 935-3938
- Reporter's Guide to Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (pdf). They are among the most prevalent of health conditions, causing considerable suffering, disability, and societal costs. This guide from IFFGD provides a comprehensive resource about these burdensome and often misunderstood conditions.
IBS Patients: Their Illness Experience and Unmet Needs (pdf). Sponsored by IFFGD, in collaboration with the UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders, the findings in this comprehensive online survey show that much more needs to be done to develop and deliver satisfactory treatment to IBS sufferers.
- Reporter's Guide to Bowel Incontinence (pdf). Developed by IFFGD, this guide is designed to provide you with accurate information about Bowel Incontinence, a condition which is surprisingly widespread yet masked by silence.
- Reporter's Guide to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (pdf). This guide from IFFGD provides in-depth information about IBS, frequently asked questions, glossary of medical terms, IBS resources, bibliography of key IBS articles and books, and suggested story angles and reasons for writing about IBS.
- IBS in the Real World Survey: Summary Findings (pdf). Sponsored by IFFGD, this quantitative research study was conducted in 2002 among 350 U.S. adults who reported a diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. A glimpse into the real world of living with the disease, symptoms, treatment, side effects, and the overall impact that IBS has on lives.
For More Information
- Press Releases from IFFGD highlight important findings or messages relating to digestive health issues.
- Commentary published by IFFGD about selected news reports