This page is designed to assist our visitors with common questions about navigating and using our websites. If you have a question which is not answered here, please contact us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am currently a member of IFFGD. Why do I not see my member discounts on the website? Go»
- How do I remove an item from my shopping cart? Go»
- How can I order a printed item instead of an electronic document? Go»
- When I make a purchase, how will I receive the items I order? Go»
- I purchased a Fact Sheet some time ago, but it hasn't been sent to me. How do I access it? Go»
- I have saved one of the PDF documents to my hard drive, but it won't open. Go»
If you are a current member of IFFGD, our website offers many additional features and online discounts. In order to activate online benefits, existing members need to follow these three simple steps:
- Register on our site using your email address. The "Registration" link is in the upper right-hand corner under the Search Box.
- Contact IFFGD by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (1-414-964-1799), asking that your membership be linked to your web registration. If you contact us during business hours, it typically takes less than an hour for us to enable your membership. We will email you as soon as membership is enabled.
- When you receive the email from us, log out of the site and then sign back in, and your membership changes should be visible!
- In order to view the contents of your shopping cart, click the "Items in cart" link in the upper left corner of any page (under the search box).
- Each item in your shopping cart will have a quantity listed. Using the mouse cursor, highlight the quantity of the item you wish to change.
- If you wish to change the quantity ordered (for example, if you accidently added the same item twice and only wish to purchase one copy), type a number for the new desired quantity.
- If you wish to remove an item from the cart completely, type '0' (zero) for the new quantity.
- Click the Update Cart button, and in a moment the cart will refresh with the new quantities.
The animation below will help guide you through these steps.
All of IFFGD's online publications are also available as hard copies.
If you wish to order a hard copy of one of IFFGD's Fact Sheets or Brochures, found in our Learning Center Library, please do not use the online purchase system. Instead, please contact us by email. Additional charges may apply.
Some hard copy items (such as issues of Digestive Health Matters) can be ordered directly through the website. These are found in the Donate Now - Buy IFFGD Merchandise. Once you place your order, we automatically receive a notice. We are usually able to mail out your order within 1-2 business days. If you do not receive your item within 10 days, please contact us to let us know.
IFFGD Fact Sheets and Brochures are available for online purchase as downloadable PDFs. These are electronic documents which are viewed on the computer using the free Adobe Reader software.
When you place an order on IFFGD, after checkout you will be directed to a screen like the sample Order Summary below:
To view the item you have purchased, simply click the "Download File" link that appears beneath the "Item Name" title you wish to view.
If you don't have time to view an order immediately after purchase, don't worry! You can always go back and view or download your PDFs from any previous orders.
In order to access a PDF after the inital purchase, please follow these steps:
- Login to your account using the "Sign In" link, which is located under the Search box at the upper right-hand corner of any page.
- Once you have logged in, click the "My Account" link, located under the Search box.
- In the right-hand menu, click "Previous Orders". All previous Orders will be displayed as clickable links.
- Click the link to the Order you wish to view. See the animation below for help on where to click for steps 2-4.
5. After you click on an Order, each title purchased will be displayed like the sample Order Summary below. Downloadable PDFs will be indicated by the words "Download File" that appears beneath the "Item Name" title of the purchase.
6. Click the "Download File" link to view the PDF. Your browser settings will determine whether you are prompted to save or view it, or whether it opens or saves automatically.
PDF documents can be viewed using the free Adobe Reader software. If you can save a PDF to your computer hard drive, but cannot open it, you may need to download Adobe Reader following these steps:
- Click here to go to the Adobe Download Page.
- Follow the instructions to download and install Adobe Reader.