Topic: Nausea, vomiting
Brochure: Gastroparesis (Delayed Gastric Emptying)556
This publication addresses frequently asked questions and provides an overview intended to help patients and family members understand gastroparesis; what it is, and how it is treated and managed.Topics: Dyspepsia, pain in upper abdomen or chest, Gastroparesis, Motility, Nausea, vomiting, Stomach Disorders
Fact Sheet: Gastroparesis534
Gastroparesis is a disorder in which the stomach empties very slowly. The delay in stomach emptying can result in bothersome symptoms that interfere with a patient’s life. This article reviews symptoms, tests, and treatments for gastroparesis.Topics: Dyspepsia, pain in upper abdomen or chest, Gastroparesis, Motility, Nausea, vomiting, Stomach Disorders
Fact Sheet: Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome in Adults541
Cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS) is a disorder with recurrent episodes of severe nausea and vomiting interspersed with symptom free periods. While CVS has been studied in pediatric populations, its occurrence in adults has been underappreciated. It is now thought that this crippling syndrome can occur in a range of age groups from children to adults. Recognizing and treating the condition are discussed.
Fact Sheet: Gastritis542
Gastritis is not a single disease, but several different conditions that all have inflammation of the stomach lining. Symptoms, tests, and treatments are described.
Fact Sheet: Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome817
Cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS) was first described about 120 years ago by Dr. Samuel Gee, the erudite British physician. Interest in the syndrome was revived when Kathleen Adams, a parent of an affected child founded the Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association in 1993. She enlisted the support of pediatric gastroenterologists, Drs. David Fleisher and B.U.K. Li, who recognized that better treatment of the disorder would only occur if the syndrome could be scientifically defined for medical researchers. This article describes CVS and approaches to treatment.Topics: CVS, Motility, Nausea, vomiting, Nausea, vomiting, Other Disorders/Symptoms, Other Disorders/Symptoms, Stomach Disorders, Stomach Disorders
In this issue:
- Searching for Cures for Children with Functional GI & Motility Disorders
- What an Awesome Machine: the Digestive System
- Research News
- Abdominal Pain-related GI Disorders in Children
- Opioids Increasingly Prescribed for Chronic Abdominal Pain in Adults
- Study Looks at Diagnostic Practices for Chronic Nausea and Vomiting
- Gastroparesis May Occur Less Often Than Thought in People with Diabetes
- Simple Breathing Exercises May Help GERD
- Focusing Attention on Rare Diseases
- You can Help Reduce Heartburn by Burning Calories
- Books of Interest
- Treatment News
- Buying Health Products and Services Online
- Professional Announcements
- ANMS Postgraduate Course
- Joint International Neurogastroenterology and Motility Meeting
- IFFGD Seeking Applications for 2013 Research Awards
- Save the Date - IFFGD Professional Symposium
- IFFGD in Action
- Make the Functional GI & Motility Disorders Research Enhancement Act the Law
- Capitol Hill Briefing: Chronic Disease and Veterans Deployment Overseas
- Fiscal Year 2012 Federal Budget Provisions and Digestive Health
- Take Part in IFFGD Digestive Health Advocacy Day 2012
Remember, Digestive Health Matters is FREE to Members.Topics: DHM Magazines, Digestive System, Gastroparesis, GER, GERD, Nausea, vomiting, Pain, Pain Management, Pain Management
In this issue:
- IBS: An Approach to Treating Patients
- IBS in Children and Adolescents
- IBS, Heartburn, Dyspepsia: What's the Difference?
- Treating Functional Dyspepsia: What are Your Options?
- Clinical Corner – Answers to Your Questions About Digestive Health
- Is nausea a symptom associated with IBS? How is it treated?
- Are rice-based foods recommended for people with digestive disorders like IBS?
- Can a colonoscopy procedure cause changes in bowel habits?
- Lactose Intolerance: Definition, Symptoms and Treatment
- Digestive Health Research: Barrett's Esophagus Risk Factors
- Report from IFFGD Research Award Winner: IBS: Searching for Underlying Causes
Remember, Digestive Health Matters is FREE to Members.Topics: DHM Magazines, Diet, Foods, Dyspepsia, pain in upper abdomen or chest, Food intolerance, Malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Nausea, vomiting, Research, Tests, lower GI tract
Documents listed on this page are available for download in Adobe’s PDF format. If you don’t have Adobe Reader, please visit Adobe’s site to download it. It’s free!