Topic: Constipation, difficult to pass stools
Fact Sheet: Report from IFFGD Research Award Winner: Research into Treatment-Resistant Constipation in Children835
Constipation and fecal soiling in children and teenagers are major impediments to education. Schools will not accept children who cannot toilet themselves. Children whose soiled clothing gives off an odor are ostracized by others. We have developed a 6 point approach to treating children with chronic constipation.Topics: Constipation, difficult to pass stools, Fecal soiling, incontinence, Incontinence, Motility, Research
Fact Sheet: Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction843
Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction (CIP) is a rare disorder of gastrointestinal motility where coordinated contractions (peristalsis) in the intestinal tract become altered and inefficient. When this happens, nutritional requirements cannot be adequately met. This article discusses the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments of CIP. Reviewed 2009.Topics: Colonic inertia, Pseudo-obstruction, Constipation, difficult to pass stools, Diarrhea, Lower Abdominal Pain, Pelvic Pain, Nausea, vomiting
In this issue:
Topics: Bacteria, gut flora, Constipation, difficult to pass stools, DHM Magazines, Food intolerance, Malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Other Disorders/Symptoms, Research
- April is IBS Awareness Month
- Changes You Should Not Ignore if You Have IBS
- News You can Us:
- Not All "Probiotics" are Alike
- Genetic Factors in IBS?
- A Changing Environment and the Increasing Prevalence of Celiac Disease
- Lactose Intolerance and Health
- Courageous Stories - Aduts and Kids; Functional and Motility Disorders
- Expressive Writing may be a Promising Treatment for IBS
- Constipation in Children
In this issue:
Topics: Constipation, difficult to pass stools, Constipation, difficult to pass stools, DHM Magazines, GER, GERD, Incontinence, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Research, Working with your healthcare provider
- IBS Awareness Month Poster
- Research Report from IFFGD - IBS Patients: Their Illness Experience and Unmet Needs
- Dyssynergic Defecation: a Common Cause of Chronic Constipation
- Digestive Health Research: Treatment Guideline for IBS
- Editorial: Treating Functional Constipation in Children
- Clinical Corner
- Diet Advice for Barrett’s Esophagus and GERD?
- When is Endoscopy Recommended for GERD?
- Soiling Solutions in Children
- I Have a Gut Problem: Which Doctor Should I See?
Documents listed on this page are available for download in Adobe’s PDF format. If you don’t have Adobe Reader, please visit Adobe’s site to download it. It’s free!